Sunday, November 3, 2013

Tracing Messages

Two things to kick off my blog posts this Sunday morning where I have an extra hour of DST to kick around.  They both come from Naked Capitalism.  The most valuable site in my bookmarks where Yves Smith and her acolytes collect everything for my morning briefing.  Better than the NSA presents to the president. He could save us all a lot of money if he fired the NSA and asked Yves to brief him!  The country would benefit greatly.

The first is: "No Morsel Too Minuscule for All-Consuming N.S.A."

The Second is:  "The FBI's Bitcoin Address"

While there is much to write about in each one, I will write specifically about a single item of discussion they have in common:  Traceability.  I woke up this morning with that word on my mind intending to write a blog entry that I would title:  "Don't Follow The Money, Follow The Account".  It is still a good blog entry to write under that title so when I write it I will come back to this entry and "back link" the title to a blog entry not yet written. 

Link is here for No Morsel
and here for FBI Bitcoin

While it is not yet written I will however add here the kicker qualification that I will start that entry with: But you can't follow the Account either (in my digital dollar monetary system model) because just like Money, an Account does not move and there is nothing to follow in what they "are" as object things.  The only thing to follow is what they "do" as actions.  What object oriented things do is to pass messages internally to methods they know how to do (behaviors) and externally to other objects to invoke the internal methods that those other objects know how to do (their behaviors).

Don't follow the Money or the Account.  Follow the internal and external messages that these two objects send.  To do that, interception is required.  That by definition is job number one of the NSA.  Job number two is making sense of what is intercepted.  If there is a job number three maybe it is: Don't get caught!  ----Fail!  Maybe that is really job number one? ---Fail big time!  The NSA follows intercepted messages to discover the Objects that are sending/receiving Messages external to themselves and also discover what internal behaviors those Objects have as well as the ways and means to implement them.

It is all so simple when I look at it this way.  The Object Oriented way.  It simplifies everything that appears to be complex.  Money, the NSA, Government, Life. One methodology that explains everything.  Move over, Old Time Religion!  Make way for the New Time Religion 2.0! It is a whole new operating system, not just an update.

How can there be so many smart people applying this Object Oriented methodology to the specifics of Information Systems but not becoming leaders to apply this same methodology to the big objects in life at the highest level of design like Money and Government?

Beats me, I am just a one eyed man wearing glasses climbing a tree to the moon.  Where are the clear sighted leaders that can scale Mt. Everest, send us to the moon?

The following two blog entries are the two things I want to focus on this morning with my freebie hour.


No comments: