Monday, November 4, 2013

Problem Solving Thinking - Feeling

In spite of everything I write in this blog about money it is really not all about the money.  Often I go wandering out to the broader things in life which is really what it is all about and how those things fit together in my life and my understanding of them which is often as difficult to understand as money.

Recently one of those broader personal things has challenged my view and understanding of things.  The challenge is that someone else sees a problem situation very differently, has different priorities associated with it as well and far different resources, meaning few, to provide the security that is the objective.

It is a situation that I struggle to get a handle on, a way to approach it, just like money but more personal and serious.  Thinking structures and models don't solve it when there is another point of view.  That being the feeling point of view and one where the holder believes there is no empathy nor ability for me to put myself in their shoes.

In comparison, money is easy to solve!  It is analytical thinking.

Perhaps I should start another blog focused on sensitive feeling rather than analytical thinking as a problem solving model.

I have one identity that is good at the analytical thinking problem domain.

I have another identity that is good at the sensitive feeling situations.

In some cases one should lead and the other follow.

"Most people are other people. Their thoughts are someone else's opinions, their lives a mimicry, their passions a quotation." === Oscar Wilde


No comments: