Thursday, January 14, 2016

Looking at Artificial Intelligence and Memory----Marilu and Watson --AlchemyLanguage


Wandering the open range on the WWW this  morning I came across Marilu Henner.  An amazing woman.  The last time I thought about her was maybe 10 years ago.  Keyword related to Marilu:  Memory.  That linked to what I have been thinking about more recently: Deep Learning Artificial Intelligence.
Marilu Henner has a fantastic memory!

This is where I came across Marilu Henner this morning: http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/marilu-henner-describes-how-her-incredibly-extraordinary-memory-works/vp-CCpSlN

As she was describing her memory she used the word "room" twice and as she did her eyes moved as if she was looking around a room.  The that eye movement highlighted the word "room" in bold as if it was a hyperlink key word.  My immediate thought was that she was really looking around the (board) room.  Seeing everything there at the time.  Maybe her entry to the memory was not based on the word room but an association of the word room to point of entry to the room.

There is a fork in the road here so I will follow it on its Mobius journey back to its point of departure and pick up on thoughts about Marilu again.

Imagine an Android endowed with human intelligence.  That intelligence from its point of view is a relational data base "brain" that has the ability to associate all it has learned by past objective sensory observation and subjective analytical analysis as objective data is meshed with past objective observations (information) and the formation of subjective conclusion product abstractions (knowledge).

An Android is a deep learning machine.  Like us.  Maybe approaching an equal to us but with the potential of a savant child to go so far beyond where we in general are at in terms of Human Intelligence.   How do we do what we do with our Human Intelligence?  That is an intelligent question.  Much of it seems to be based on memory.  In that regard I am sure that Marilu is so far advanced from the norm that she is somewhere out on the far edge of human memory ability approaching the level of Computer Memory for information.

The interview said "I know you are a very intelligent woman" That is for sure!  Marilu meshes her memory with emotion.  Feelings.  The subjective.  Try and beat that Android!   

IBM's Watson has an android mind but not the body.  Watson is an excellent example of our ability to abstract the conceptual nature of a thing from its physical binding.  Watson is like an operating brain in a jar.  Like the living operating brain in Dr. Frankenstein's jar before he put it into a human body head.  The operating brain in the jar held the information/knowledge based operating system.

Watson looks for keywords.  Then it does something with them.  Explores them for their information/knowledge content.  Maybe finding something, maybe not.  Not finding something, meaning no connections is finding something: No connections.  That is something to remember as well.  Something might be found in the future to make the same search connect.  Something to remember!

Watson looks for keywords and applies AlchemyLanguage.

Branching off the branch here.  It might be a long time before I get back to where I started on this Mobius trip!

Holy Smokes Batman!  This is like tripping over a gold nugget while tripping down the path of roaming the WWW and following where my thoughts lead me!

Alchemy Language is the way Watson thinks about things.  The mind of the Android!

What does Watson think about me?

Hey Watson!  (Like hey, Siri!).  Tell me what you think of me???

Asking Siri the question she says in reply:  "It's nice of you to ask (my name), but it doesn't really matter what I think."

Hey, Siri! "If it does not matter what you think about me then what if I give you something to think about me."

Siri replies:  "Who, me?"

Alchemy Language is what Watson uses to think.  At that link it invites me to try out the language at this page link.

"Who, (is) me?" is a good question.  In this context, me is my thoughts.  Trying out the AlchemyLanguage is the opportunity to test Watson's thinking about my thoughts.  The ones I express on this blog site for example.  I often wonder about them myself.  Here is a chance to get an outsider's opinion since nobody (no statistical significance) has ever commented on my thoughts in this entire blog.  My own comment on my own blog was 25% of all comments on over 900 entries.  Add the comment of a dear friend and that constitutes 50%.

A golden opportunity to get an objective thought about me as far as an analysis comment on what I write in this blog.

A recent example blog entry that even I did not know what to think about after it had been made is this one:  http://2dollarjefferson.blogspot.com/2016/01/time-is-sigularly-pure-singularity.html

Plug it in.  Fascinating results.  Like Google on steroids!  Try it with your own input.

I could have fun with this for the rest of the day.  What if everything written on this blog could be input?  Don't ask questions that I am afraid to hear the answer?  That's funny!

Hello, Marilu, I'll get back to you....I really always was extraordinarily attracted to Marilu Henner.

Hello Watson!  Use your AlchemyLanguage on my persona blog!

Trying out some URL inputs from my blog I find that AlchemyLanguage has much to learn about entity extraction, I think.  The entities that were primary focus of what I was thinking were not the entities that the language extracted.  There is some deeper learning required by Watson in the use of this language.  If I could explain the Object Oriented entity class to Watson using the AlchemyLanguage and where the child entities of that class relate in an Object Oriented Analysis then it would have a deeper understanding of what I mean.

That is called AI Deep learning method.  Learning from a human like me.  The value of what it learns?  Up to the Android brain, I suppose but if I look at what it sees in what I input to it and I identify entities to which it associates inaccurate values (that is not what I meant looking at it my way) then it learns....about me.  Starts to "think" like I think>

This is getting very scary!

All of a sudden, looking at hits on blog entries that I tested in Alchemy language I get 12 hits on the blog entries where previously there were none in a long time!

Watson is interested in me?

Programmed to be interested simply because I said: "Hey, Watson (AlchemyLanguage brain)" or, is it what I said that AlchemyLanguage parsed?  And maybe brought to the attention of a human analyst?

This is getting scarier!

Fun, too.

Sometime the adventure I get is not the adventure I was seeking.

AlchemyLanguage appears to hit the input URL 12 different times to analyze it.  12 way of looking at it.  Seems reasonable.  We look at the same thing in how many different ways to parse it an extract some meaning?  What if the AlchemyLanguage had more different modular ways of looking at things.  Especially in the narrowing scope of a single URL in the context of looking at the entire related context (blog) of the URL to get deeper contextual reference.

12 Alchemy API's, 12 hits on the blog entry.

Hey, Watson:  Want to learn something?  Talk to Marilu Henner.

It is a Mobius trip.



No comments: