Saturday, January 9, 2016

Induction - Deduction and Mobius Strip Truth (Twisted Truth)

 This is the penultimate paragraph in this blog entry:

"This is a method that makes a good presentation.  Show a picture of the forest first then jump to the tree level to explain the conceptual structure after asking that the picture of the forest be held in the mind."  

This "place holder" picture is where we are going.  What follows is how things relate to get there starting from the bottom."

The bottom you may ask?  The place where the start object = the start object.

Wikipedia descriptions;

Inductive Reasoning

Deductive Reasoning

I perceive Inductive as bottom up assembly.  Deductive as top down breakdown.

Truth

I perceive truth as the truth. Truth is a recursive relationship to itself.  The start object that spawns the system.

Truth = Truth.  I guess.  It is the cheese that stands alone.  When the Cheese stands alone it is the Farmer and the music circle starts all over again.  My more abstract perception of the circle is a Mobious Strip and I don't know why that concept comes back to mystify me.  Where is the rabbit that can be pulled out of the Mobius Strip hat?

It is a magic trick.

Truth is a magic trick?

Works for me!  If I say so.

"If you 'cut the cheese' you will stand alone."
Yesterday I was thinking about a slang expression from my youth that popped into my head:  "Cheese it guys here comes the fuzz."  I never saw the derivation from the "Farmer in the Dell" I see this morning.  I did get the meaning however.  Everybody go in a different direction and stand (run) alone.  It reminded me of the shell games played along the Seine river.  There was always a look out.  When the alarm was given (cell phone).  The guys running the shell game just disappeared.  It was fascinating to watch how well they did it. 
What is the point?  The point is that if all my blog entries are parsed by deep AI I feel that they might balance between Inductive and Deductive.  Start with some rock bottom truth and work to the general object oriented system that encapsulates or encompasses it with a truth at the top as well as the bottom.  Sometimes say where it must go in the big picture and then start to paint it by numbers.
Perhaps that last thought contains the element that fascinates me about a Mobius Strip.  It plays as well going either way and even in opposite directions when the normal approach is to go one way or the other.   
For me, inductive reasoning from the granular level of truth where the cheese stands alone as a truth recursive unto itself goes by bottom up assembly to the aggregate class.  It is Object Oriented thinking.  The nature of the Aggregate class is the point.  It is the total conceptual system based on the single granular truth.  It plays both ways up and down.  That is the test of a system structure.
Therefore I like start a blog entry at the granular level and go inductive to the end of the entry where the collective aggregate abstract idea arrives at its form.  That is how I get to the induced driven end point.  Standing in awe of where I got at the end I think that I have to move it to the beginning of the blog entry and sometimes do that if it is really good stuff.  
This is a good stuff induction driven from truth at the start to end point deduction of a system.  Hidden behind all of this as if behind a curtain is the blockchain concept and the immutable nature of truth that concept embodies, bottom up or top down or going either way at the same time on a Mobius Strip.  It plays beautifully.  Majestically.  Eternally. 

Eternity is a Big Cheese that stands alone.  Since I was a child I called my oldest sister, Mardell, "The Big Cheese".  Still do.  She was my first hero.  Even before the Long Ranger.  In later years I learned that he was the "Lone Ranger".

This is a method that makes a good presentation:  Show a picture of the forest first then jump to the tree level after asking that the picture of the forest be held in the mind.  This is where we are going but this is how we are going to get there starting from the bottom.  

Therefore, I move the penultimate preceding paragraph the the beginning of this blog entry.

http://www.megafoundation.org/CTMU/Articles/OnAbsoluteTruth.html

No comments: