Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Blockchain Tipping and the Gig Economy

https://www.bloomberg.com/view/articles/2017-11-20/the-blockchain-might-scare-the-gig-economy-to-death

The above link has some model relationship to China's "social credit" citizen rating program:
http://www.wired.co.uk/article/chinese-government-social-credit-score-privacy-invasion

Last week I got a Subway sandwich.  They are healthy, good and inexpensive.  I get the senior price.  Got a receipt with the sandwich.  Put a dollar in the tip jar.  The server asked if I wanted the receipt.  I asked if it gave me a free cookie next time.  They used to.  No, not next time but a free cookie if I commented on the service.

The service was excellent.  Fast, efficient and satisfying.   I even commented on the guy's speed in making the sandwich as I eyed the generous amount of chicken being heaped in the bun.

A dollar in the jar is worth something to the employee.  Maybe a comment is worth more...or not...depending.  If the comment goes toward ranking in a data base it can cut both ways.

I know that when talking to a customer service rep on the phone the conversation will be data mined to evaluate the interaction.  Key words will be picked out.  Perhaps emotional voice pattern analysis.  If the interaction was good I load it up in the end with all the key word reasons and adjectives that I appreciated the level of service.

Adjectives as well as any other QA descriptors are the tip that goes into the employees record.

"Working for the Man"  becomes "Working for the Blockchain.

Back to Subway: Go to website.  Input info that could be linked to server.  Make comment.  Make internet blockchain tip.

Looks like a common business practice model.



No comments: