Friday, June 6, 2014

Crime and Punishment and Mediation and General Motors

News today about General Motors (GM) and its ignition switch problem.  This link is a Business Week report.

Crime and punishment.  The focus of our criminal judicial system.

Civil vs criminal law comparison at this link.

Mediation described by Wikipedia at this link

The Federal government is in the mediation business.  Its agency since 1947 is the FMCS Federal Mediation and Conflict Service at this .gov link

Non government agencies doing mediation and arbitration business are probably under some business association umbrella of association.  My guess for a Google search.  Try this in Google "Media and Arbitration Association"  

Close in Google gets lots of cigars!  I could have guessed that it would have the word "American" in it.  This is the link to American Arbitration Association.  Self regulation for the business sector?  There are many players in the arbitration business and this link lists the various associations.
I expect that anybody that wants to call themselves an arbitration entity better belong to one of these organizations or else find a free membership offer in their spam email file.  If not there then maybe in a box of Cheerios.

In view of the globalization of Big Business might there be some kind of global umbrella for global arbitration and mediation? Hmm....it would be international since it would involve more than one country.  Ya think?  Try a Google search "International Arbitration and Mediation"

Amazing!  Google always gives me just what I am looking for even when I ask the simplest questions.

Google, tell me is Arbitration and Mediation a growth industry?

Google answers:  Thank you for the soft ball.  You really don't know much but you demonstrate a thirst for knowledge.  Yes, it is a growth industry look at this link here.

Thank you Google.  "Do you have a sister named Siri?"

Google response:  Stop asking frivolous questions and go back to the specific thing that started this blog entry.  You have a mind that wanders easily from the specific to the general.

Oh, yes General Motors and mediation and arbitration in the news.

Google:  Tell search everything you know in you "News" category about these associated words, I will not even put them in quotes so I can give you the broadest latitude in connecting them to what you see in the news:  Here are the words:  general motors mediation arbitration.

What you say Google?  Three results and none of them happen to relate to a company called "General Motors?  You know General Motors is a big company don't you?  What if I ask you how many times "General Motors" is mentioned in your News category?  Ok, I will ask:  how many times "General Motors" is mentioned in your News category?  Oh, 300,000 times huh?  So you have heard of it but not in connection to the words Arbitration and Negotiation?

Twice!  You mean two times and one does not even really relate to the scope of what I am looking for?  Who is the dummy now?  I will give you the benefit of the doubt since it is important that I use the right words for you to give me the best answers.  I will therefore ask you using the words negotiate and arbitrate instead of negotiation and arbitration.  

WTF!  The same two results?

How about the words GM and arbitrate linked to stories in your News category in the past month?

Google, you are telling me just one?  Just one and it is mentioned in Ripoffreport.com?

Ok, lets go broad and super size.  Look at the total world wide web and tell me all you have on these associated words.   Oh, I see.  6,700,000 hits.  Everybody is talking about it but that does not make it news.

Somebody is interested in GM, Arbitration and Mediation!  The second I posted this blog entry there was a Google hit on it.   Probably somebody that had a standing order to learn about any web entry mentioning these things.  Me and somebody else thinking about all this, in some way for some reason....................We should talk.

GM is big but the government is also big.  Google:  Tell me:  How many news stories are there in your News category that link to the words government and negotiate?

Oh, I see, the news is too busy talking about that to notice that GM is negotiating.

Google:  Tell me if GM is manipulating the news?

Goggle: Can you hear me now?

Google?

Siri?







No comments: