Saturday, June 28, 2014

Money is a Mobius Strip - Love is a Mobius Strip - Life is ?

This blog seeks eternally to define what money is.  Not what it does.  What it is.

Why should it be so hard to find an explanation?

Maybe money is a Mobius Strip.  The subject line of this blog entry is another in my "Claim to dubious fame record"  I am the first one to coin this phrase:  "Money is a Mobius Strip" because, in quotes, it gets not a single hit on a Google search.

Mobius Strip is defined at this Wikipedia link.

Comprehending the Wikipedia explanation after reading it only once is on a level of doing Rubics Cube puzzle correctly after watching it done once.  Maybe somebody can do it.  Definitely not me.  However, knowing that the explanation is truth and factual I would struggle for eternity in pursuit of understanding it completely.  Because I would know that it could in fact be understood completely.  It is logical, based on true laws that define it.

One thing a Mobius strip has in common with money is that they are both difficult to comprehend.  The nature of the entity Money however is not based on true laws but true flaws.  I would forever travel a Mobius Strip road in search of understanding if, like an economist, I seek to explain it as it currently exists in a working system.  I would rather start from scratch to create it in accordance with mathematics, a pure language.  Economists attempt to describe it in terms of numbers but the numbers are ...........searching for what they really are here....searching.......they are all bogus!  Economics is a bogus system using numbers to fit a round peg in a square hole.....or something like that.  I can't waste my time trying to understand the current explanation of economics. 

Perhaps there are similarities between money and a Mobius Strip worth exploring.  More to the basic building blocks of objects and methods, What is the recursive nature of a Mobius Strip.  Recursive being an entity that only has a relationship to itself (unity) and nothing else?  That being the definition of non-existence in the real world but total unity in a meta-physical world.  Does a Mobius Strip bridge that gulf to connect the two?

Suddenly the words to "Both Sides Now" by Joni Mitchell come to mind. Perhaps life only has one side, one edge.  There are no two sides to it.  To look at love from both sides is not to know it at all.  Love only has one side.  That leads me unexpectedly, suddenly as I write this to the thought that "Love is a Mobius Strip"?  I can't claim that as an original expression created by me.  Many have expressed it in many ways.  Maybe there is something deep to the concept?

"Both Sides Now"


Bows and flows of angel hair and ice cream castles in the air
and feather canyons everywhere, I've looked at clouds that way.
But now they only block the sun, they rain and snow on everyone.
So many things I would have done but clouds got in my way.

I've looked at clouds from both sides now,
from up and down, and still somehow
it's cloud illusions I recall.
I really don't know clouds at all.

Moons and Junes and ferris wheels, the dizzy dancing way that you feel
as every fairy tale comes real; I've looked at love that way.
But now it's just another show. You leave 'em laughing when you go
and if you care, don't let them know, don't give yourself away.

I've looked at love from both sides now,
from give and take, and still somehow
it's love's illusions that I recall.
I really don't know love at all.

Tears and fears and feeling proud, to say "I love you" right out loud,
dreams and schemes and circus crowds, I've looked at life that way.
But now old friends are acting strange, they shake their heads, they say
I've changed.
Something's lost but something's gained in living every day.

I've looked at life from both sides now,
from win and lose, and still somehow
it's life's illusions I recall.
I really don't know life at all.

Much more Joni Mitchell samples here at this link.

She is an amazing artist.  Her bio at Wikipedia here.

If i could say one thing to Joni: Life is not two sided.  It is love.  It is a Mobius Strip.  Is that what you missed?  I always wondered at the meaning of the song, one of my favorites but has haunted me.  We were born the same year.

This Mobius Strip link might also be worth exploring.  A nightclub for high IQ people.  My kind of place!

I like this Mobius Money graphic.  A simple Mobius Strip is just a strip of paper with a twist in it and the two ends glued together.  There are left hand and right hand Mobius Strips depending on which way the strip is twisted.

Two Mobius strips twisted either way can be put together to form a heart.  Demonstration at this link.

No comments: