Thursday, January 3, 2019

Slip the Anchor and Skin the Cat

This morning I made coffee at 3am and sat down at the screen of the new  monitor I received yesterday.

Glorious!

27 inches of 4k clarity stating me in the face.

Maybe that is the key to the whole thing.  The point of entry to the problem.

I stared back at it.  For a long time.  My window on the World Wide Web. The rest of the pieces that open the door to the world that this window shows me will arrive soon.  A Mac mini, wireless keyboard an a big Apple touch pad. Hey, it was Black Friday!

My new Mac Pro laptop was a side arm tool.  Good enough but not up to the challenge of what I intend to do.  Honestly, that is not true.  It is equally as good as all the new toys that replace it.

When it comes time to do the job of going where I want to go in the long game using a lap top is not the way to get there.  Looking down at a screen is a tiring neck and body position.  Seeing what is on the screen demands that I bend toward it.

It is like getting down on the aero bars in my Ironman triathlons.  Not a comfortable position.  That is not the half of it.  The other half sits so far forward on the seat it becomes a pain in the butt!  To go far, go fast and go alone is an endurance event.

My Navy Career was an endurance event.  I loved it.  In the next 24 years I loved triathlons that proved my physical ability.  It took two years to go from a long distance bike tourist to Ironman in Kona.  I did not do it alone. Jeanette Sullivan is riding tandem with me on a single bike.  Like her, all my heroes are behind me.  They are my racing team.  The team that pulls me to the front, to the finish.  Their inspiration is the source of my energy.

This is my link to who and what inspired me:
https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/John_Paul_Jones

"I wish to have no connection with any ship that does not sail fast; for I intend to go in harm's way."

"I have not yet begun to fight!"

"I may sink, but I'll be damned if I strike!"
Sailors like to tell sea stories.  They use exaggeration to really tell about the most important things in their life at sea.  The monsters beyond the unknown horizon and faith in a good captain.  
"This was what some of his sailors, reported in British newspapers at the time, claimed he had said; Jones's official report merely stated that he had answered "in the most determined negative".


Women are my heroes too!

It is time to Slip the Anchor once again for the last time.

The Mission:

To Skin a Cat.





No comments: