Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Watching Visio Watch Me - Its Granular, Jake

My new Visio 65" UHD 4K TV is glorious.

It thinks I am glorious also.  It watches me as much as I watch it.  I admit.  I watch dumb stuff.  So does my TV. 

This Ars Technica link tells about it.

"Own a Vizio Smart TV? It’s watching you"

 I missed the opt out setting but have corrected that.  I was opt in by default.

 To Visio I am (was) my IP number for personal info.  Not exactly since temporarily I am using a residence and its ISP cable box that has an IP number.  Using it through a device that transmits the cable signal through electric lines since I am at some distance from the house.  My computer connects to it by ethernet.  So does the Visio.  Either directly or through my new Apple TV.

With all these connections, I really don't know how accurately I am identified to my IP address.  I can use wifi on my new iPhone 6s if I am close to the house,  Cell if not.  The phone has an IP address.  All the devices have a MAC address.  I got my new phone yesterday.  By default its apps will use cell to connect to the Internet if Wifi is not available.  Used to be they only used Wifi until the recent iOS update and people discovered why their phones were using more data than they expected for some reason.  I will have to opt out of that on my new iPhone.

I think that all smart devices on the IoT have, by definition, an internet IP number.  Maybe not interactive to the extent that communication is only directed to them and they can't return beyond some communication hand shaking.  However that would be dumb by design to not incorporate in the smartness of the thing on the IoT.  That would be the equivalent of a one way messaging system!

Am I my IP number?  Not yet but the tech trend is in that direction.  On my new iPhone 6s I am my IP number if it can only when it is accessed for communication by my finger print.  And I am my IP number beyond a biometric doubt only at the instant in time that I press me finger to the button.  If it has voice ID when I talk to Sire (hey, Siri) then ID as me to my IP is continuous probably.  

IP numbers are not ambiguous in their numerical identity selves.  They are unique to a device.  Me, the real me person association to any given IP that I may be interacting with has an ambiguous connection to that IP.  It may or may not really be me!  If there is a financial transaction involved then it most likely will be me but not beyond a shadow of a doubt unless the relationship is biometric and persistent in real time.

Positive ID is a matter of security.

Positive IP ID on the IoT and its related WWW is coming.

I am absolutely positive of that!

Everything is a thing on the internet of things.  Every thing absolutely identified to be the the unique thing that it is without any doubt.


That is why I have chosen IPv6 to be the positive identifier for every single digital dollar with a unit value of one in the monetary system.  All accounts that are containers of aggregate units of dollars expressed in amount totals will also be assigned discrete IP numbers.  Users that have accounts to receive and spend currency will have discrete IP numbers.

Those are the three key things in the Digital Monetary System.  Their interactions validated by block chain.  The only other things that are involved are the actual things involved in the medium of exchange transactions.  They too will have IP numbers if they are of significant value like houses and cars, etc.  Also block chain verified as they pass to new owners.  Related to the big things that will have IP numbers are Contracts expressing the terms of exchange as appropriate, like a loan.

Currency, Accounts and Loans are conceptual things related to real things.  As conceptual things they are as much a thing on the IoT because they are "Smart" things.  Made to be smart conceptual things by the specific attributes and methods they have to do things.

The IoT/WWW like the computers that make the Information Age possible must identify all significant things, physical and conceptual by its discrete IP number at the unit identity level.

 That is the system rule and Every Thing is going in that direction of absolute certainty as the system grinds exceedingly granular.

Its Granular, Jake. 



 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments: