Saturday, December 1, 2012

Rambling Thoughts Seen and Unseen Things And Money

I look at my computer screen, my television, talk on my cellphone, drive my car, feed my body, observe the rising and setting of the sun.  They are all interfaces with extremely complex systems.  It is fascinating to learn how they all work.  What I perceive at the interface level with these complex systems is what I "see".  It is supported by complexities of structure that I do not see.  The complexity of the structures I have name are all supported by highly defined structures that although they are complex I can see all the "unseen" structure in total detail if I care to see it.

For example; I could follow the keystroke of any single letter I am entering in this blog entry from my keyboard to reception by your eyes where ever in the world you may be viewing it.  Each letter once the key for it is depressed becomes a thing that can be traced through the circuit diagrams of my laptop to storage through schematic network of the world wide where it becomes searchable to somehow arrive at your computer interface and go through schematic processing to your screen.

The unseen part of this seen thing is interesting.  I can follow it in total detail if I wish.  With nothing else to do it is interesting to follow, like reading a book.  It is all there to be read.  Or seen.  I can go to Google earth and look at every square yard of the USA depending on the resolution of the satellite picture.

What is really fascinating to me is to investigate how something works when there is no detailed guide, no circuit diagram, engine manual, digestive process description to follow.  No detailed map to the territory.

That is why I am fascinated by the thing called money.  There are ideas that it is there, it does something but there is no established exact schematic plan to follow describing what money is and what it does.  If there was such a diagram of the total system then its problems would not be so hard to deal with.

The fascination of money is that it is a universe, a problem domain, that we know is there but is totally open to exploration because there is no real guide to take us from here to there.  It is therefore relatively unknown territory.  Certainly there are schematics to bank accounts.  Mathematically accurate means of keeping track of money just like speedometers and odometers keep track of what a car is doing.  They do not tell us what a car or an airplane is and how it does it.  Some explorers of the intricacies of money tell us their stories of explorations but stories do nor create a schematic diagram when each story is different.

Something we say about doing the Ironman triathlon is that if it was easy we wouldn't want to do it.  (Everybody could do it, anybody could do it).  It is just a matter of strokes, revolutions and steps to a goal measured as a place point and time.  It is the yet unseen and unknowable personal journey to get there that follows no established schematic in order to understand what it is and how it works.  It can only be described and for me every race is different, why do it again if it is merely a repetition?  Ironman, is an unseen thing personal experience that is only seen, only be known by going there.  It was fascinating but been there, done that and know exactly what it is, where it is and how to get there again in any way I choose.  I mapped the exact schematic entirely for myself alone.  It is intensely a uniquely personal experience equal to and mapped to my own final personal experience.

Money is different.  Once the money schematic is mapped anyone can go down to any level of detail like google earth or following the letter "X" anywhere in the computer network system and everything related to is presence and journey then we have a total information structure that is known, can be known can be seen by anyone that cares to know, cares see the detailed description.

Currently there is a vast unseen territory called what money is and what money does.  It has no existing map or schematic.  It will not have one until money is defined in its lowest granular unit that can by design, not by default, followed through a networked system exactly like the key strokes relate to letters that are the medium of exchange in our language.

There are only 26 letters in our alphabet.  Ten digits in our number system.  How hard is it to create the total schematic meta structure in which they operate regardless of what they say in combination.  A unit of digital money at its lowest level is only "one" associated with a string of characters representing an owning relationship operating in what should be a very precise systemic structural design. 

That is the beauty of the unseen that I cannot see by looking at the existing detailed diagram because nobody has yet created that diagram for me to look at.  If they had I would not be so interested in looking at it as long as the system work.  The system processed my key strokes to their end destination or the airplane took me safely to where I wanted to go because some person or collective bunch of people designed and documented the structures that bring me Netflix and take me to Hawaii.  Interesting how it all happens if I want to see it and I know it is all there for me to see and know if I care to see it.

It is the unexplored territory, the unformatted empty space inside a bowl that is so fascinating.  The unseen thing that is on the other side of the next hill or the unseen side of the moon.

Money is an unseen thing.  Nobody has yet mapped it.  The mystery of money to remain unseen and unmapped is a powerfully protected thing by those that have the map.  It is what is behind the curtain.

Our destiny is to see the unseen.  To know the unknown.  Maybe money will be the last thing to be seen the last thing to know after we have explored and mapped an explanatory schematic to the entire meta structure of the universe and our own minds.  The last thing to be explained (seen) by the explanation of everything (when everything is seen, nothing remains unseen).

This blog is really an Ironman race for me.  There might be a few spectators on the sidelines that look at it but they are only seeing me experiencing something that is largely unseen to them but something I am struggling so hard to see into the unseen part I know is there and therefore driven to discover.  If it all maps out anything worthwhile for the structure of the monetary system then that is just a beneficial by product left behind after I have gone by.

What was left behind by the person doing Ironman when I was the spectator watching her go by me on her journey to see an know the unseen and yet unknown? 

Inspiration to see and know the same unexplored territory myself.  To go where we could then share the same view of what we could see and know.  What few others ever see or know and therefore remains forever unknown to them.

Maybe inspiration is all we ever leave behind that is of true wealth value.  Inspiration to see the unseen, know the unknown and our little contribution to raising the curtain, blowing away the smoke.  Maybe inspiration is instilled not in-born in our genes.  Inspiration is the spark that gives life.  The torch we pass on brighter than received to better illuminate the unseen.

All else is cash and carry.

The Power of the Dream is Inspiration

Deep within each heart
There lies a magic spark
That lights the fire of our imagination
And since the dawn of man
The strength of just "I can"
Has brought together people of all nations

There’s nothing ordinary
In the living of each day
There’s a special part
Every one of us will play

Your mind will take you far
The rest is just pure heart
You’ll find your fate is all your own creation
Every boy and girl
As they come into this world
They bring the gift of hope and inspiration

Feel the flame forever burn
Teaching lessons we must learn
To bring us closer to the power of the dream
The world unites in hope and peace
We pray that it will always be
It is the power of the dream that brings us here

There’s so much strength in all of us
Every woman child and man
It’s the moment that you think you can’t
You’ll discover that you can

The power of the dream
The faith in things unseen
The courage to embrace your fear
No matter where you are
To reach for your own star
To realize the power of the dream



No comments: