Thursday, December 6, 2012

Platinum Coin

Preface:

I updated my previous post to become the lead in to this post.  I may update that previous one again because it leaves me with a "Work in Progress Rolling the Stone Uphill" intuitive feeling.  I think it is a focal point in both my understand the concept of Money as well as continuing to work on my understanding of the concept.

I am getting somewhere, I think, at least enjoying the challenge of the journey.

Someday I may stand on the edge of a cliff ready to press the delete key on this entire blog.

True Story:  My father was at that point after my mother was washed out of a lifeboat by a wave that took everyone out of the boat but my father in the North Atlantic one night while attempting launch from a burning ship.  He cried out my mother's name "Edna".  Then he was aware of a rope dangling in front of him and a crewman on deck shouting:  "Grab the rope"  Dad said to himself "What is the use?"

He grabbed the rope.  He answered his question. 

There were things left undone.

Unfixed.

He was like that.

So am I.

.....................................

AEI seems like a strange place for this discussion to be taking place.  Joe Firestone is in there swinging, defending himself on every count and landing blows on ignorance and outright stupidity.

Joe's bio is here.  Also a bio here.  Another bio here.  His screen name is letsgetitdone I have found value in all of his posts which I find in numerous places.  He is also an MSU graduate and I think his picture even looks like me.  Maybe we were classmates?  Joe has a blog called "All Life is Problem Solving"  We seem to share and interest in Knowledge Management to a degree and perception that amazes me.  Were we separated at birth?  I sent him a couple email descriptions of my money ideas but never got a reply.  I should make comments on his posts when I find them in order to support his views or add anything if I can. 

I have had the Platinum coin in the back of my mind for some time and how it would fit into the my design of the monetary system.  It fits as the Unity Source of all money.  The one single coin that is divisible to all unit dollars.  It is all fiat money.

An excellent presentation of the Platinum Coin idea is here. 

Another excellent presentation here


No comments: