Thursday, December 19, 2013

Brevity Demands Elegance of Action

When action is necessary, a thousand words do not get the job done like yelling: FIRE! does.

If a picture is worth a thousand words then I can reduce the excessive length my narrative expansion on the subject line of my blog entries with a picture.  Why reduce the volume of words I use to express only to myself what I wish to say to myself?  That has always suited me in the past because I did not write for anyone but myself.

If I want to write something to others then I need to make a point.  Brevity in doing that is elegance. To observe and apply my new view purpose of what I am doing:

Brevity is elegance!

Clarity is Clear!

The point is the point!

Yea! I'm good!

Good at brevity, clarity and making a point.

I previously explained my point system in a blog entry.
The Picture: It came from a wide variety of google search images expressing the metaphorical meaning.





This is another expression of the metaphor;


Rome did burn but Nero probably did not set the fire nor play his fiddle (Liar) while it burned.  Wikipedia cites these stories:

"At least five separate stories circulated regarding Nero and the fire:
  • Motivated by a desire to destroy the city, Nero secretly sent out men pretending to be drunk to set fire to the city. Nero watched from his palace on the Palatine Hill singing and playing the lyre.[20]
  • Motivated by an insane whim, Nero quite openly sent out men to set fire to the city. Nero watched from the Tower of Maecenas on the Esquiline Hill singing and playing the lyre.[21]
  • Nero sent out men to set fire to the city. Nero sang and played his lyre from a private stage.[2]:XV.38–44
  • The fire was an accident. Nero was in Antium.[2]:XV.38–9
  • The fire was caused by Christians.[2]:XV.44 
Even then the story was manipulated.  Did ancient Rome have a Fox news?

So, get the picture?

Elegance mode off here. Well, I made a good start.

Expository mode  on.

Michael Hudson is a giant among economists.  A midget would be  a giant in that crowd but Michael is more than head and shoulders above the rest.  This is an interview with Michael Hudson expressing his view Trade Advantage Replaced By Rent Extraction.

This is his elegant, clear and concise view expressed almost at the end of his laying out his conclusion of the situation he describes:  "The whole world is sort of falling apart."  It took him a long time to get to it but the joy of the journey is in the pleasure of the travel.  The destination is just link point in time to past and future.  Yes, at this instant the world is falling apart.  The world is being consumed by a destructive fire.

Expository Mode off here.

Elegance Mode on.

Maybe I should try music as the method mode in my madness:  Help me out here Billy! Check out the link.  Billy is brilliant.


The video.  Its iconic.

Bruce, help me out Boss with your voice of the common man!  Check the link.  The Boss is brilliant too.  They both do the job in a couple minutes.  Brevity, Clarity, Elegant.

"You can't start a fire
You can't start a fire without a spark
This gun's for hire
Even if we're just dancing in the dark"



The video.


"I'm sick of sitting 'round here trying to write this book
I need a love reaction
Come on now baby gimme just one look."

Wow! "Just one look"  Brevity!  That is all it takes.

Bruce Parody on Cris Christie!  Awesome!   Nuff said?  He says it so well. 

Brevity mode off here.

I got one look once.  The only time a woman ever winked at me.  Every time I go to Kona and walk by the same street restaurant I remember it.  I was shocked by the unexpected brevity of it all.  Thought she must be winking at someone walking behind me.  Maybe it amused her to do it because I was looking at her at the time?  It was like my tire blowing out just after I took the lead in what might have been my best ever Ironman race.  Could'a  been a contender! I thought in an instant that it must be the bike behind me.  In that instant I lost control because of my failure to react.  Concussion, broken ribs, out of the race.  Bloody. Only race I never finished in 20 years.

The situations were not important.  What continues to gripe me is that I simply failed to act in the situation because my re-action was not just slow but not just there.  The equivalent of playing the fiddle.

What will gripe President Obama when he looks back at the few opportunities he had to act decisively?  Will he be like me finding that at that time he did just not know what to do?  Consequently did not or could not do something simply decisive to change the outcome?

The power of an instant of brevity.

The paradigm shift. 

The shift point?

Crises.

The result of crises?

Fight the fire and win.

Fiddle or run and it wins.  The fire consumed part of Nero's palace while he fiddled.

There is no home anymore.

It now has to be rented from those those that got it at a fire sale price.

Carpe Dium

Tomorrow I leave for Tucson and an adventure that I seek in order for it to find me.

Brevity, Clarity, Elegance.

All focused down to one single thing in time.  One thing where it all converges and begs for an appropriate elegant reaction.  Having what it takes at that moment of time live into eternity.









No comments: