Sunday, February 20, 2011

Progress

I have to know that I am getting somewhere in my journey when I look at the things I neglect to get there.

I neglect shoveling the snow on my driveway.
I neglect my car, the battery is dieing
I neglect my house.
I neglect my personal relationships

There is more below the pictures





I am getting somewhere, the price is worth it but it is only a price deferred, ironically a debt come due.

So I start with my driveway.  All things in due course.  When they are taken care of, I will take care of myself when I declare this journey finished.

Driveway first.  The car did start so there is a point in doing the driveway.

Shoveling the driveway is not to clear it.  It is only doing the heavy lifting to expose the icy surface beneath, which is really just snow in its hardest form.  I do 99 percent to expose the hardest part to the sun and let it do what would be so hard for me.  I had to wear golf shoes to shovel the snow this morning.

It is Sunday and perhaps there is a lesson here that will apply to the other things I have neglected after I get the car down the driveway.

I am making progress.  I am getting somewhere.

I don't have to do the steps.  I know a quicker, better way to get where I want to go.  I have neglected those closest to me. I gave them this blog address so they might understand why.  Show them what I am doing, focusing my attention.  Hope that they will understand.  Few have looked at it but I hope they will understand anyhow.  One person I gave the site address to shares a common cause.  To widen out to a core of those that share a common cause and contribute once I get my ideas together if where I am going.

1 comment:

enlighteningus said...

Sounds to me like you are realizing you are a human being, with all of it's foibles, follies and frustrations, BFT. It's both humbling and encouraging to embrace our sweet selves, no matter where we are.