Monday, December 4, 2017

Creatures of Thought

I ran across this today.  Fascinating reading for those that like to read this kind of stuff.

I have marveled at the progress that marked the span of my father’s life.  1903 - 1974.  We was born the year the Wright Bros. flew.  Cars were introduced.  Electricity was wired to homes.  His father being a doctor had one of the first telephones in town, a car as well.  If people could get to a phone to call him he would be on his way out to the country. 
 
What a change in his lifetime.

An equal change has taken place in my lifetime related to technology related to society as well.  I was fascinated with science fiction in the 50’s.  Now it is science fact pointing to an even more accelerated rate of change.  

The link is a look back at the origins of the Information Age over my lifetime.  What a change it has been!

No comments: