Friday, November 4, 2016

Standing Rock - Where are the Catholics Standing

I attended the local gathering yesterday organized as part of a national clergy support effort.  Not much media on it today.  Except from religious media. https://baptistnews.com/article/clergy-from-across-u-s-to-stand-in-solidarity-with-indigenous-water-protectors-at-standing-rock/#.WBx5_BI37RI

Local leaders from several denominations spoke.  Catholic clergy was absent, but that is only at my small town gathering.  What about nationally and at Standing Rock?

https://www.ncronline.org/blogs/ncr-today/catholics-seem-absent-standing-rock-pipeline-protest

Note: This is the National Catholic Reporter.

There is a moral issue here beyond law and politics that demands attention from the clergy. 

Other moral issues are in the current political sector.  Where is the Catholic church standing on that? 

Used to be my church but I still feel ashamed of it as much as it also used to be my government and I am ashamed of that too.

No comments: