Wednesday, February 29, 2012

The Brain on Google

What is on the brain of a man, or a woman is often presented as a humorous graphic depicting the size of various areas of the brain in relation to the things that occupy our minds.

If Google was a collective brain, what would the graphic product of searches tell us about what is on our collective mind.  That would be a macro analysis.

There would also me a micro analysis graphic for each individual that uses Google.  Not just the search engine but all Google products.

What does our collective Google brain look like.

What does my own Google brain look like.

If I could capture all of interactions on the internet, what would my brain on the internet look like?  I would be most interested in what my information seeking brain is most interested in rather than the internet interactions that I have for information maintenance like paying bills.

To see that graphic would be as simple as having a resident application on my computer through which all of my interactions with the internet pass and have that resident application analyze them based on data mining capabilities.

In other words: There are those on the internet that are very much interested in what my brain on the internet looks like.  To fulfill this objective they would like to know every single interaction that I have on the internet.  The extent to which they can do this is unknown but certainly quantifiable.  Some might say the government either knows it all for everyone or at least those that are targeted because the entire population is to big a target in depth if not breadth.

Short of the government, Google probably knows the most about my internet interactions.  A combination of Google and other entities are major choke points of entry to internet interaction.  Just how much of my total interaction with the internet do they know.  How much don't they know? 

If their perfect objective is to know it all then how much short of their objective are they?

Collectively they have access to all my interactions on the internet.  Just like my banker and the other institutions that deal with my money know everything about my money except what is currently in my cookie jar.  No single entity knows it all unless I choose to deal with only one financial entity.

It would seem to be a good financial entity business  model to become the one stop shop for all mey financial transactions.  Just like it would be a good business model for an internet entity to be the one single gateway to the internet.

Wait... wait....what the!....Bendcable.com is my only internet access gateway when I am at home!

What if my only access gateway to the internet was by user ID and Password submitted to the Internet Gatekeeper and all access passed through that Gatekeeper.  How could an internet entity get me into that position?

Hmm.... is there a business model here?

What if my only access to digital money was through a single Money Access Gatekeeper?
What if all the digital money in the USA was in one place (maybe a conceptual cloud)  where only names of the current holder of that fixed, serialized money record changed, not the amount of money in a fixed account with the holder's name?

Total information knowledge available to an exclusive single third party!

What if access to my money information was totally private except if there was probable cause not for it to be private?  Sounds like a right to be secure in my papers!  A right to privacy.

How well does Google know the sanctum of my privacy.  My mind.  Its picture of my mind on Google?

How much would Google like to be my only access to the internet?

No comments: