Saturday, February 2, 2019

Text Tulsi. Message received Standing By - for Execute Formation Change Command!

Navy history of the flag bag and Wig - Wag

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=Text+TULSI+to+48728+to+receive+mobile+alerts&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Blue Jacket Manual given to me as RCPOC Great Lakes by a retiring 1st Class Petty Officer Commissaryman in 1962.

I learned that he was retiring prior to Pass in Review graduation.  All his shipmate company commanders wanted to honor his service with recognition of a Flag Company graduation ceremony.

Mine was not the Flag Company but by some scale of evaluation was second.  It followed the first to pass in review with the honor of carrying that single achievement flag.

However, my company following me,  carried the most number of flags and those on the reviewing stand stood again to honor the service of retiring 1st Class Petty Officer CS1 John Giampetral.   We passed in review to the tune of ......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Y1UEMU1gBk

Wow!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9QKN1F-ZYc

Several years ago I searched the internet to find CS1 John Giampetrel to lean more about the man that inspired me.  I could not find him.  He was Rocks and Shoals old navy.

He told us the history of sailors on the USS Indianapolis.  (St. Paul was close).....

He did not say it but I believed that he was a crew on the that cruiser when is was sunk.

I could not confirm that.  I should try again now.  It was his story told to us recruits of Navy Tradition  courage and sacrifice that I carried through my navy career.

Some are still alive today to tell that story.

This just in to my email


Dear Tim,

Thank you for RSVP'ing to the TULSI 2020 Campaign Kickoff on Saturday, February 2nd at 8 pm EST / 3 pm HST. We'll be in touch soon with the link to the livestream!

Aloha,

TULSI 2020

How often I have gone to Hawaii since 1962.....much of it is in this blog.  More than I ever realized.

Now again.

Many more years in the future I hope............

How often I have found where I should be going.......................

Its my way.  Tulsi is not only one woman on her journey to destiny that somehow relates to mine she is all women.  One amongst them all to lead and those behind them.

The music of Pass in Review was the Execute Command signal for the Flag Company Commander to  order "Forward March".  I followed with the same command when the Color Company as a specified distance ahead.

It is one of those moments in life I will never forget that followed with so many more.

I stood before with Tulsi at another time and place of equal significance.

Just my story.

I am so fortunate to have lived it.

Every Company I graduated with from Great Lakes NTC graduated with equal honor.  The honor of being first was an honor, not a prize of greater value.

I learned that at another place of native tradition.  Leading goes not to those that claim first place by right or might.  It is time to restore the tradition of honor.

I just received a text message from Restore, my favorite place to shop in Bend.

PTL ..I have lived so long to learn so much.













No comments: