Monday, December 31, 2018

Compelling Images



Written a couple weeks ago held as draft until today

My old printer crapped out just when I thought I needed it most but being old school has its advantages!  So does being old and been there, done that and got the T-Shirt in the old school.  

I love adventure and all of you the most.  The adventure like the Road to Kona never ends!  

It ain’t over till its over! Jeanette said the next day after is the first training day for the next one.  

Her inspiration rests in waters at the start and in my heart.

I had trust and confidence I could do it at 50.  Did it and validated that trust in myself and the volunteers that support us.  They are there for us the whole way.  My family was there to support me.  Nameless volunteers were too.  On the PCT they call them “Trail Angels”.

Angles are watching over me in Bend.  

A Band of Angles are a Band of Brothers or a Team of Search and Rescue. 

Strange that when I slipped on ice at Pilot Butte andI broke my leg.  The couple that was there were first to help me.  They had on backpacks and said they wear them hiking up Pilot Butte for training.   

Someone recently asked how I happened to get to Bend.  The story I like to tell but only now can see it better.  So many things are all telling me the rest of the story in a strange sequence of images.  I had not watched this movie for a long time. I saw it in 1957.  14 years old and had read a lot of science fiction books.  I is not about aliens or science fiction.  It is about an inner compulsion to seek and find the truth, the challenges and obstacles placed in the way of finding it.  The false branching presented that to draw us down a branch to nowhere.  

The greatest obstacle in finding the truth appeared as an image to me and I wrote about the Tower of Babel. The division of people on earth to speak different languages that fail to communicate.

A common language is emerging In the Information Age.

We have so much to learn by self teaching by exploring like Fremont did.

Was he drawn to Bend to  explore the wilderness by same image we were?

Linking to my past is another Mount

You know that the best seat in my home is the left side of the sofa.  I enjoy bringing others into my home and the two things I enjoy most about it.  The inspiring view from the deck and the view from the sofa I invite them to sit on as the best seat ever.  I had to cut limbs on the tree to see it better.  I wanted to make the original deck larger.  Then I put in drive way and parking area in the back.  Am I expecting a crowd?


There are no compelling images in the mid west except corn higher than an elephants eye.  But compelling images have the same intrinsic power.  

The most compelling image of all time is placed on a hill called by different name then than we call it now.  It is at the same place today that remains the crux of the division of concepts as well as languages.

The collapse of Twin Tower is a moving image like a past sinking ships in harbor.  

A succession of paradigm sifts has hit me in the last month.  Many of them or maybe all of them were related to bridges that divide us separate us also join us.  On Nov. 11 I stood for a long time looking at names there.  And the meaning of failures to communicate.  



We need a better definition of terms in our own English Natural Language and an least ambiguous translation to all other languages.

A few derive benefit from conflict in which others pay the price.

Some die and others make a killing.

The power of a few to divide is threatened by the power of the truth and those that seek it, design systems based on the a binary physical and conceptual truth and create a system with liberty and justice for all are a serious threat to them.  That is true in Bend, Deschutes County, Oregon the USA and all Nations.  Stealth, Deception, Sneak Attacks on places and concepts poorly defended with no IFF early warning to detect the threat and counter it serve their purpose.  IFF and If and only If just linked to my surprise!

Public data files that did not talk to each other failed to protect the nation.  

Public data files in Oregon are the sources of citizen protection from our own  fail to provide protection because they are because they exist in so many various places. 


more to add later ........

New Years Eve

Much more to add this year!

No comments: