Friday, December 7, 2018

Justice Denied === War====Justice Restored



The Department of Revenue  Forestland Special Assessment Value 0f $79.38 per acre 2018-19 that you certify to all County Assessors for application all Eastern Oregon Forestland on property tax rolls tax perpetrates an injustice upon Oregon taxpayers.  

I know about war and restoration of justice.  Peace was not my profession.  My profession was restoration of justice denied .   A civil society in which government derives its power from the consent of the governed.

Vigilant defense and maintaining a system to attack when justice is violated restores it.  

The certified value is what I intend to attack because it is unjust.   I certified things that I judged myself on and only recently resolved.  It is a very difficult thing to play a defined role in a system.  A good system with critical flaws.  

The Forestland Special Assessment value must stand the test of judgement on the facts.  Those facts are found in every Property Tax statement sent to every property owner. They all have an individual right to appeal their own tax bill for review and judgement.  Any taxpayer, depending on public records available on the internet, may examine the tax record of any and all other taxpayers.  Other records may be obtained as necessary and managed in accordance with privacy rules.

Property Tax Classifications have different property values based on fair reasons in law and administration.

Some categories property ownership and purpose do not pay any tax for valid reasons.  Others pay reduced rates for various officially  approved reasons based on Special Assessments.  Table 7, Assessor Sal report presents total values of all Special Assessments.

Private benefit of property tax reduction at public expense is based on public consensus that the private recipient of the benefit should receive it. All other taxpayers without a Special Assessment pay an incremental amount to offset the private benefit. 

All property tax collected in a county is revenue in an equal amount distributed to tax districts to fund public services. That is.where fair tax based on fair Assessment becomes revenue to our public services.

This is where the $79.38 per acre Forestland Special Assessment Value you certify and therefore authorize for county assessor tax computation requires examination and judgement.

(Link here to all supporting property tax documents and related summary  distribution of revenue to recipients)

That the Forestland Special Assessment intent  fair in its application that is certified?  

 Is it legat? Absolutely,  By some hidden perversion of twisted functions based on law.   

Is the result unjust private gain at public expense?  

I only present the facts of intent and result.  

What went wrong?

It is a loaded question.  You will not, nor will anyone in the entire chain of making and administering the law upon which it is based answer that question.

The fault is not in our system of governance by consent of the governed.

We the People of Oregon voted for our best choices to represent us and serve us.      

The only way it can be answered is that it is the law.  Where is it?  Go to an ORS or a measure or whatever.  That is the reason for unjust operation of our system of government?  Voting against our own self interest?

Why do we do that?

The law says that this Certified $79.38 Forestland Special Assessment value is certified to be legal.  Do you certify it to be just?

There is a difference between and Oath of office and a Code of Conduct by those that hold that office.  In Public Service that  Code is not based on law but on the ethic principals of those that serve our own City, County and Country government that serves us all.  Each and every citizen can fill in the specific names of those levels.

I took an oath to serve many times.  Each time it was a honor to advance based on my dedication to a Code and its values.  Code is not a demanding Law.  

You just happen to be in that unenviable position of certifying it.  

Of course it is unjust.

Has anyone in the entire Oregon Government that serves us ever taken a stand on a Code of personal responsibility and accountability that calls for action on this violation of tax justice?

I took the Oath to Serve. Serving with Honor is a Code of Conduct.

The Military Code of Conduct has changed over the years.  I memorized it.  lived by it.  The final code remains the Code of those who have served continue to serve serve in accordance with a code of conduct as Americans.

 Article VI:
I will never forget that I am an American, fighting for freedom, responsible for my actions, and dedicated to the principles which made my country free. I will trust in my God and in the United States of America.[3]

Is this the best that public servants in our government system of a Department of Revue can do?

Essentially that is the final most critical question that I ever rarely asked of those for whom I had responsibility and accountability for performance of their duties.  The same question I continually asked myself and demand of myself a true answer in self judgement.

It either motivates those that live the same code to do better.  The flip side of that is shame that they cannot measure up.

I did ask the question very few times.  It is only asked when it is positive motivation of leadership responsibilities not to demand performance but inspire it.  
On Nov 28, 2018, at 11:05 AM, BROCKIE Jason D * DOR wrote:

Tim, I will do my best to help. 
Jason
From: Timothy Lester [mailto:timlester@me.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2018 11:03 AM
To: BROCKIE Jason D * DOR
Subject: Re: Phone call on forestland question
Jason
It is a complex thing!  I appreciate your reply.  
I only have two questions and only need to work on how they are framed.,
I will send them soon.
Tim
Sent from my iPhone

On Nov 28, 2018, at 10:51 AM, BROCKIE Jason D * DOR <Jason.D.BROCKIE@oregon.gov> wrote:
Mr. Lester,
I understand you may have some additional questions for me about forestland special assessment.  I received your message while away, so I instructed my program experts to contact you.  I apologize for not being able to call you myself. 
I understand you would prefer to communicate by email, is that correct? Email is fine with me.  Toni told me you have good understanding of the program , but there might be more specific question(s) you have for me.  What can I help you with?  
Thank you,
Jason
Jason Brockie
Special Programs Manager
Property Tax Division
Oregon Department of Revenue
(503) 507-0576
*****CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE*****
This e-mail may contain information that is privileged, confidential, or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the addressee or it appears from the context or otherwise that you have received this e-mail in error, please advise me immediately by reply e-mail, keep the contents confidential, and immediately delete the message and any attachments from your system. Data Classication:  CL2- Limited

No comments: