Sunday, April 15, 2018

Lucid Dreaming

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/319855294_Reality_testing_and_the_mnemonic_induction_of_lucid_dreams_Findings_from_the_national_Australian_lucid_dream_induction_study#pf18

Intresting. I have them sometimes.  An intriguing experience that boarders on an enjoyable journey in another state of mind.  Last night it was a day of my marriage.  In uniform.  To someone I had known but individually unknown.  It was a complex situation involving the shifting of times and places.

The point was that it was an enjoyable out of body experience that after waking I could relate to a real world what if experience.  There were complex dream state scenarios remembered after waking that I would in my awake memory call pleasant but involved some frustration.

The point is, looking at it now in reality that if I could somehow promote or induce such a dream state journey for the sake of a pleasant dream state feeling then I would enthusiastically do so.  I have never used drugs for a waking “trip” except alcohol but that only for the same mild universal effect that anyone using it experiences.

This inducing of a dream state pleasure has immense potential for recreational tripping while sleeping.  Non-drug technique promotion analogous to meditatation but perhaps big bucks potential if  drug induced, legally or not.  With no harm analogous to drinking coffee or harm leading to disassociation from reality in the waking state.

Sleep is something we all visit daily mostly nightly.   Where do we go in our minds when we sleep?  Is this a new frontier beyond Virtual Reality in the real waking world.

Dreaming Reality?

Maybe a new Google business model?   Access the Mind Cloud and mine it?

A report I recently read described a method of reading what we are thinking by physically measuring the most subtle indicators of all it takes to form the actual words to say what we are thinking because what we are thinking “leaks” in the very smallest way as we think it to the physical expression of forming the words to say it.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.timesnownews.com/amp/technology-science/article/indian-origin-researcher-at-mit-develops-a-device-which-lets-others-hear-what-you-re-thinking/215174

I have always felt that everything I say was rehearsed in my mind before I said it with the smallest of delay.  Some call it filtering.  Sometimes filtering fails in emotional situations but still I wonder if the emotion wasn’t “rehearsed” as well.   A somewhat disturbing thought if unconsciously rehearsing an emotion no matter how short the intention is considered “phoniness”. Like an actor rehearsing lines to be expressed in a play.

Real expression of emotion without rehearsal filtering no matter how short is considered socially not honest emotion.  Unless, perhaps filtered to the extent of total non expression of true feeling.  A king of  “bite your tongue” binary decision of say it or not... both being honest.

Enter the thought then of the nature of the lie.   Would in that case our very thoughts would betray us. What about thinking one thing and saying another.  How detrimental would that disassociation be if the thinker was fully aware of the dishonesty and valued absolute honesty so highly?

Not to imply my personal belief or any failure and belief in my most essential true to self.  Is lucid dreaming our true unfiltered self?  Good thing to be a sought envounter? Bad thing depending on who we truly are?

This is a fascinating thing!

To thine own self be true.

Written for an actor to express.

https://literarydevices.net/to-thine-own-self-be-true/
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.psychologytoday.com/us/blog/what-doesnt-kill-us/201304/thine-own-self-be-true%3famp

What I do know and believe honestly applies to me is that that words I most hate to express are:  I don’t know!  What reconciles that particular statement of fact is:  Bit I’ll find out!  With confidence that I can with enough thought at the true self level.  A problem?  I can fix it.  Myself a problem?  I can fix it.  Be the outcome true or not.  It is like the Special Olympic  creed if I fail in the attempt.

No comments: