Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Operating out of Savings

When I sail I always, if possible, sail upwind.  It is banking wind, otherwise called beating, or perhaps working upwind, to eventually sail with the wind at my back and, hopefully, following seas.

I am debt free.  69 years old and sailing down wind.  I do not owe money to anyone except the money that accrues in my utility accounts until I am billed for what is due (and immediately paid) at the end the month.

I operate financially totally from my savings.  My savings is my money supply.  That is my micro-economics.

As a nation, we operate from our money supply.  Our money supply on the macro level is our savings.  Our debt free money that is ours and owed to nobody.  We call it our National Debt.

If our National Debt is always equal (to the penny) to our  National Savings and National Savings is our Money Supply then.........

Why do we call it our National Debt?

Living in debt is to varying degrees living in fear.  Trusting in ourselves and our savings is a different situation.

Hmmmm......

No comments: