Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Thoughts of Kelsey Collins While in the Dental Chair

In the dental chair this morning I sent my mind elsewhere.  A coping mechanism out of habit.  It was only a teeth cleaning.

Kelsey was fastidious about the care of her teeth.  Frequent teeth cleaning, I think.  While cleaning her car this week for its new owner I came across many things.  Heart shaped rocks in various places.  Maybe 15 of them after all the cleaning was done.  Mints.  Fernando's business cards, her own cards.  So many other things that had just accumulated.  Within easy reach were the small plastic things with a length of dental floss between them like a sling shot.  She used them often.

Some things we do daily to maintain.  I should floss more.  Some very significant things are done less often to re-establish some even more significant thing once it has been established.  The less significant stuff?  It just fades away if not renewed.  Maybe it deserve to do that.  Maybe not and if so what does the fading tell.

Kelsey renewed herself daily, periodically.  Some planned annual events she attended every year.  When the time was right then one of her major renewals was "White sands, turquoise waters, blue sky".  A perfect mental picture of peace and a trinity of tranquility that she made happen by going to places like that.  She had not made that dream a reality for awhile.  I asked her about it and I think she said it would be Belize.

I have my own perfect dream of peace and happiness and I recently returned from an Australian implementation of that dream.  It is a time for me to kneel and kiss the earth in a manner that I have so often done before, will do again.  The focus was a sailboat trip in the Whitsunday islands including Whitehaven beach.  To me the most beautiful beach in the world.

There are subtle telling indications about ourselves, about others.  Perhaps Kelsey's dream of peace and joy shifted to a higher level, superseding the sun and sand that she had often sought as a vacation renewal of mind and spirit that was no longer needed.  I like to believe that.

Sunday was always Kelsey's day.  A day to be with Kelsey.  To meditate, to choose renewal.  It is not surprising that she chose Sunday to be the last day of her life.  Starting early, probably watching Sunday Morning.  Looking at the Sisters mountains.  Meditating on beautiful things, the place she intended to go.  The focus of her Exit Strategy to accomplish its purpose of leaving life with grace and dignity.

I sent this picture with love to Kelsey from Australia

The essence of it is joy and peace.

She replied to me: 

"Sounds like you're having a magnificent time, BFT! Looking at those white sandy beaches made my heart smile for you!"

LoveBlessings,
Kelsey
The essence of Kelsey.
 Within my heart.











No comments: