Monday, September 30, 2013

Choking Down a Horse Pill

Someone who cares much for me got me to buy some vitamin pills.  I opened the container to find huge pills inside.  I chocked them down for a couple of days.  They stuck in my throat with a most unpleasant feeling.  I drank water to get them the rest of the way down.  Then learned to drink water first to ease the path.

She says I do not like to read signs (labels).  Wrong, but how can I say it to here.  It is not like I see a label and look away quickly because I abhor reading it, makes me sick or something.  There are just so many.  Some relevant, some not.  I operate more on pull reading rather than push reading.  If I am looking for some thing I will look for the sign.

She also says I do not ask for directions.  True when I am standing in Hungary as I was last week and have in my hand an iPhone that shows my location within 30 feet or less.  Close enough to know where I am and where to go.  So, it passes up an opportunity to have a social interaction with an Hungarian farmer.

I read the label on the the vitamins>>>>>

Chewable!

I will allow that to some extent she is right.

Flip side:  I sometimes do not do things and make decisions that are the best and their are better ways if I try not to be handicapped but the way I always do them...and what is that?

My way.

I try to do my best, I can always do better.

Doing better is more important than trying to do the best.

My way should be better, not best.

A horse pill lesson in life.

No comments: