Wednesday, April 4, 2012

My Head Hurts

My head hurts like a hangover.  Not from what I drank but from what I attempted to red this morning.  Attempted to read:  I could not even get past the words that were used much less understand the concepts that were being discussed here:  This is the link.  Get it?  I just said This is the link.  There I said it again.  I could say it over and over but if you don't get the idea that you have to click on the words, that they are a hyperlink to what I am talking about, you just do not get what I am talking about. 

When I labored through the link I kept thinking that I feel exactly like the reader that does not get the idea that they have to click on the link to know what the meaning of "this is the link" is.  They will never get it.  I read the link. I still do not get it.  Halfway through all the comments some guy says he makes earnest attempts to understand it all but his head hurts too.

I am with him!

I defy anyone to read and understand the link.  Edward Harrison attempts to bring together what all the big players in economics are saying.  He tries to establish some common ground they can all agree on for the purpose of making some progress on understanding economics and the situation.  I get that the focus is all on credit and its role in economics and the knobs and dials of credit creation, expansion, contraction who does what, cause and effects. 

Some commenters go outside the credit box and say that there should not be a debt based money system in the first place based on usury.  The last comment, at least the last comment at the time that I read it was that the entire system is a fraudulent scam.  Others also touched on it as being a scheme to benefit the 1% in a transfer of wealth. 

This was the beginning of the last comment made by jsmith:

This debate is akin to watching Doris Kearns Goodwin or Chuck Todd describe politics in our day and age of inverted totalitarianism aka neofascism: it bears no resemblance to reality and attempts to make it appear that the system we are living under can somehow be explained outside of ideas of theft, fraud and criminality. 

I am sure that any comment beyond that would be anti climactic.  It is an appropriate end to the discussion about how many fairies can dance on the head of a pin.

Since none of what they talk about makes sense to me beyond the fact that it is all based on a false foundation of what money is and that means debt, I throw out to the trash heap all their ideas and complicated discussions that only serve to divert and subvert to perpetuate some facade of legitimacy to a corrupt money system.

I struggle to understand what they are saying at the link.  To see some kind of a legitimate system that is worth all their discussion.  They must be so  much smarter than me.  I just do not get it.  I cannot "click" on their "link" that would take me to what they are talking about.  It makes me feel like a victim that should be blaming myself for being a victim of my failure to understand it.  I have tried but it is all BS to me.  BS that tries to masquerade as something that really works to the benefit of everyone.

I reject it all.  Throw it all out.  Serialize and denominate every last dollar that is called high power money.  Make it the fixed central record around which all the other variables change.  That is what money is.  Again, for total emphasis:  That is what money is.  Control the amount in circulation based on objectives of non-inflation and full employment.  Separate what money is from what money does then let money do what it does.  What it does is all the decisions that the users of money choose to do with it under rules of the game established by law regarding what is permitted to be done with it and what is not and accounting controls to assure that rules are followed. 

Separate real money, serialized, denominated digital dollars from financial paper that is called money or some kind of money equivalent that was only traded for money but is not real money, only paper with value expressed in terms of dollars because they could be traded for dollars on some type of regulated exchange.

Simple building block: Money.  Like a gene an atom, a unit of energy, a letter in the alphabet, a note in the musical scale, a digit in a number based system.  The lowest fundamental unit building block.  Establish what that thing is and then it will do what it was intended to do.

What a thing is and what a thing does. That is all there is in our fundamentally binary world that is all that the thing does.  That is where I stand.  That is where I drive the stake in the ground and tie myself to it to stand my ground on the matter of money.  Nothing else will work. 

All else fails.

There is no need to click on the link word "Is"  in order to get its expanded meaning in more words than one.   Is......Is!  I can get that!

No comments: