Saturday, March 25, 2017

Personal Operating System Development - version 74.0

I had lunch with my grandson yesterday.  He brought a couple of sub sandwiches to the house to talk about his Rustic Adventures trip to Peru this summer between high school junior and senior years and thank me for funding it.  I had gone to Peru for most of a summer in 1963 with a student group from Michigan State University.  A formative adventure that shaped my life in hindsight.  So far back in hindsight that I am only now seeing it in terms of a perspective and frame of reference that did not even exist (at least not in the clarity and terms I now look at things) but was the same thing expressed in a different frame and terms then.

The difference between the frame of reference and terms used 54 years ago and the one I use now?

The difference is in authorship and ownership of my own Personal Operating System.  This month my Personal Operating System achieves version 74.0.  Back in 1963 it was version 20.0. and a Personal Operating System that was an off the shelf product standard package function of Family, School, Religion and general conformance and compliance with the "social norm" of the times.

My Personal Operating System 20.0 belonged to and were handed to me by 5 or 6 primary entity objects that each contributed perceptions of structured abstract object relationships at that 20 year old stage from their overlapping domains.  At version 20.0 the focus was on the Application of my given default/de-facto Personal Operating System called Living Life.  "Living It" at stage 20.0 meant primary focus on the application function.   Not so much focus on my Personal Operating System that was the domain in which the functional process of living my life operated.   That evolved later in a progression from dominant function orientation of living life to dominant object orientation of the design of the Operating System that supports the the action application of how life is lived.

There has been a long evolution from primary focus on a dominant functional application approach of living life as an expression of a relatively fixed background legacy Life Operating System Object.  Today it is the Object Structure of the Life Operating System that determines how life is lived.   That is how I look at everything now in Life 75.0.  It is simply the model of Operating System and Application Programs that run on that System to do an action called Living Life.  The nature if the design of the Operating System determines what Application Program can or can't run on it.

At a young age of development the focus is on the action that any system supports.  At an advanced stage a more productive controlling focus is on the system itself that determines the action of the game.  Set the rules, control the rules by design and the game played becomes a function of the rules.

From college I joined the Navy.  It has a relatively fixed Operating System that I learned initially to become a primary player focused on the action applications of the Navy System.  Primarily the Supply System.  Later in my career I became more of a designer of the Supply Operating System tasked with changing it to enable better control over the function of system applications.  Management of functions through management of system design.  




No comments: