Thursday, May 5, 2016

How Much Money is Money?

My often asked question only second to the one that asks "what is money.  I know the ball park number but this simply supports it:
http://wolfstreet.com/2016/05/05/credit-collapse-dollar-panic/

The 12.6 trillion is what is left after subtracting out the 3.4 trillion from the national debt of 16 trillion because "government".  It is something excluded because it does not circulate for some reason that I don't know.  I could find out if I cared to but it only suffices to know that it is some accounting thing that explains the difference between the national debt and "real" money in circulation.  

I am a believer in the mystical truth that the national debt is the same thing as our national savings and not really debt at all. 

I also believe that the national debt is our revolving loan account.  Our national cash drawer of money we provide ourselves to do business.  The problem is that we have to go to the cash window of a national bank, not our own pocket in order to draw it out for use.

All this keeping in mind that real "real money I call cash floating around the USA, (meaning the serialized paper stuff as opposed to what others call cash in the form of checks or credit cards) is only about half of all dollar bills in existence.

No comments: