Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Geographic Resident Information Node

Bend Cable is my internet provider.  They also provide me with My Bend Cable.  They used to provide me with some space on which they hosted my web site.  They are my communication portal to the internet when I am at home, which is most of the time.  They also stored information for me while they offered that service.

OnPoint (credit Union) is my bank.  I finally moved money from Wells Fargo to a credit Union!

If the single point of entry to my money storage and transactions was OnPoint then its role regarding money would be very much like my internet provider's role regarding my information and communication.

Both are geographically local points of entry.  Both are nodes of a national information and communication network.  When I am infrequently away from my geographical node called home I can utilize other nodes in the total network.

No comments: